Saturday, June 18, 2011

How this all started

I am mildy addicted to Craigslist. I love finding a gem for an amzing price. I honestly can't fathom going into a furniture store & buying regular priced furniture. It all started when I was looking for a bookcase for my son's room. I went to the local discount store & found a cardboard particleboard one for $90.00!! Ridiculous! So I started stalking looking on Craigslist hourly until I found something better & cheaper than the junk at the discount store. Two Broyhill Fontana bookcases along with a full size headboard/footboard & rails. Are you ready...$80.00 for it all! Although the finish wasn't what I wanted, the quality & price was. I decided to glaze them to fit the look I wanted. I used the one on the left in my son's room. I sold the one on the right for $40.00 & the bed for $65.00...on Craigslist of course.




No comments:

Post a Comment